Thursday, August 25, 2005

NUTS R'US

I thought I had exhausted my food stories, but was reminded by my son, Chuck, of another one. My brother-in-law, Kenny Marshall was getting married in Mena, Arkansas. My wife and children had left early for Wilhelmina sp? Lodge where they were having the rehearsal dinner. I stayed behind in Batesville to finish my day's work. After work I headed out asap and was making good time. Around Little Rock, however, I began to get hungry. I decided a treat was in store. I pulled into McCain Mall and went straight to Morrow's Nuts. There were so many yummy choices, but I settled on mixed nuts - a LARGE bag at that. Must have been at least a pound. As I was driving out of the parking lot I spotted THE ARCHES and decided a burger, fries and large coke would be a nice "side". Now I was ready. Between Little Rock and Mena I consumed the entire accumulation of foodstuffs! Burger, fries and the large bag of nuts. I was really feeling good! Happy as a pig in the sunshine. But --- that all changed. About the time I got to the lodge, I began feeling bloated and my stomach began growling like crazy (borborygmi). The familiar nausea, sweating and urgency, experienced during other excesses, reared its ugly head. Needless to say, I missed the rehearsal dinner. I was in no condition to be sociable. I was barely able to make the wedding the following day, and I wasn't even the groom!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

Is "borborygmi" when one cramps and sweats? If so, you could totally write an article for JAMA on how to laugh in its face.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home