Monday, August 15, 2005

V8/Coffee

Under the category of "You shouldn't admit this": This morning as I was preparing breakfast, I used my coffee cup for V8 juice to down my A.M. meds. (One less glass to wash or load in the dishwasher). Drank about half of it and then went about the rest of breakfast preparations. Came back a little later and without thinking filled the cup with freshly brewed coffee. Allowed the obligatory cooling and then took a swig. Yikes. Knew it had a funny "twang" but it took me a few seconds to realize what I'd done. You got it - old Scottish waste not-want not kicked in. I actually drank the stuff!! And as I refilled it with coffee for a warm-up it diluted the V8 to the point it was not even objectionable. It's tough having grown up under parents and grandparents who lived through the Depression and inculcated in their offspring that waste not-want not mantra.

2 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

rob-bret, I switched to V8 for several reasons. OJ had become too sweet for my palate and secondly, I can mentally reel off all 8 veggies in the concoction. When you're OCD you do things like that. I'm a label reader - can't help it. I agree with you on the cottage cheese. The only thing worse would be substituting feta for cottage cheese.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Troy said...

Have you e-mailed your new recipe to Starbucks? Doc's Morning Blend. Tomato and coffee may be the only combo they haven't tried.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home