Thursday, October 27, 2005

Vacations revisited

Julie suggested I revisit some old vacation stories. One of the top 10 took place at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. Chuck, Lori and David shared a room and Julie and Jennie stayed with Pat and me. Julie and Jennie were about 6-7 y/o at the time. We shared a double. Since the beds weren't queen or king-sized, we decided it would be more comfortable if Pat and I split up and slept with either Julie or Jennie. Pat chose Jennie and I chose Julie. My last instructions to Julie were, "If I begin snoring in the night or crowding you, just kick me." Well, everything went well the first part of the night, but about 1 A.M. I awakened from a very deep REM sleep with a huge wave of nausea, deep visceral pain and profuse sweating. Julie had done as I suggested, viz. kick me. The most unfortunate thing for me, is that her kick could not have been more perfectly aimed and delivered to the "bidness"/business. To say it was a memorable night is a gross understatement. Not pleasant, but memorable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

Ah! The literal impulses of youth. Julie had some long legs, too. I bet she got quite a wind up in her swing. I always wondered how you crammed everyone into a hotel room.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home