Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Whoppers

Coming home from church tonight we passed Wendy's on Harrison St. "Two Whoppers for $3.50" the sign shouted. Business must be good cuz recently it was "Two for Two". The Whopper sign revived some old memories. When all five children were home, I would occasionally bring them a treat --- Whoppers!!! (the chocolate covered malted milk balls). I would bring one quart sized carton for each child. None for Practical Pat, but we were known to purloin a ball or two on the sly. There was one DREADED STIPULATION. They had to be priced at $0.88 per carton or less. Somehow, I felt like I was getting a bargin at that price. Well, we rocked along for what seemed like a lifetime, enjoying our Whoppers all the while, and then one day I realized Whoppers hadn't been $0.88 for a lifetime --- and as far as I know they have never returned to that level. What can I say? It was good while it lasted.

3 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Jennie ... I smell a scientific study coming. Buy 10 cartons of Whoppers, count how many are in each carton, count how many chewies and how many are stuck together or otherwise deformed. The average per carton would be useless information, but so is the number of red, blue, green, brown, etc. candies per bag of M&Ms.

4:44 PM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

Uncle C,
You and your cutie daughter are SO fun and entertaining! I have just found her blog and LOVE it! Now you! :) Somehow you guys always make me hungry....mmmmm....
whoppers!

4:36 PM  
Blogger juliebelle said...

man, i'd kill for an 88 cent box loaded with chewies.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home